We can run a half or full days training for you in your own equipment
The syllabus includes Strokes, Techniques and Theory.
- Mount & Dismount
- Paddling in a following wind
- beam winds and head winds
- Paddling into bracing and turning in small surf. (1 Foot)
- Capsize Drill
- Self rescue following a capsize drill in deep water, including righting the Sit-on-Top and completing a water based remount without assistance.
- Record and interpret a marine weather forecast
- Read a tide table to ascertain the time of high-water.
- An understanding of staying with your boat in the event of a capsize at sea.
- An understanding of the effects of the wind on the sea with particular reference to the danger of offshore winds.
- The candidate should show an understanding of what is meant by a leeshore. dumping surf, riptides and tide races.
- An understanding of good control (i.e. responding to various signals and commands)
- An ability to recognize several of the significant flora and fauna in the seashore environment.
Families or individuals welcome. You must supply your own kayaks.
Adults €35 per session,(usually half day) family rate available (2 adults and children €95.)